Cayuga County NY Homepage
My child received an appearance ticket. What do I do?

If your child has been issued an appearance ticket by an arresting agency in Cayuga County (Auburn Police Department, Cayuga County Sheriff's Office, or New York State Police), this department will also get a copy of the appearance ticket. 

Please follow the instructions on the appearance ticket. If it says to await contact by the Probation Department, but it feels like it's too long and you haven't heard from us, you may call our main number at 315-253-1246 and ask to speak with the Juvenile Probation Officer, or in their stead, the Juvenile Probation Officer Supervisor. *If your address, phone number, or custodial guardian of the child changes in the meantime, please contact the Probation Department immediately to keep us up to date.

Please note that it is not uncommon for a week or two to pass between when your child receives the appearance ticket and when we receive our copy and are able to open a case in our system. 

Show All Answers

1. What are your hours?
2. How do I pay Restitution?
3. What is the difference between probation and parole?
4. What is the contact information for Parole?
5. Where do I pay mandatory surcharges, crime victim assistance fees, and DNA fees?
6. How do I apply for a Certificate of Relief from Disabilities?
7. Where can I find the Sex Offender Registry?
8. Are Sex Offenders allowed to be around minors?
9. What do I do if I think someone is on probation and I think they're committing or have committed a crime?
10. How can I send a document to the Probation Department?
11. My child received an appearance ticket. What do I do?
  1. Cayuga County NY Homepage

Contact Us

Government Websites by CivicPlus®
Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow