In addition to changing your dialing procedures, all services, automatic dialing equipment, or other types of equipment that are programmed to dial a 7-digit number will need to be reprogrammed to use the new dialing procedure.
Some examples are:
- Alarm and security systems or gates
- Call forwarding settings
- Fax machines
- Internet dial-up numbers
- Life safety systems or medical devices
- Mobile phone contact lists
- Private Branch Exchanges (PBXs)
- Speed dialers
- Voicemail services and similar functions
Update Personal Information
Be sure to check your website, business checks, contact information, and your personal or pet ID tags to ensure the area code is included.