When is grievance day?

Grievance Day is always the 4th Tuesday in May for the Town of Sterling and you must make an appointment. The hours can change from year to year depending on the availability of the Board of Assessment Review members.


If you plan on grieving we encourage you to contact the assessment office at 315-947-6262, ext. 24 or 315-947-6262, ext. 25 to make an appointment for grievance day.

Show All Answers

1. I heard that the STAR Program is changing, is that true?
2. When does my exemption form need to be submitted (Agricultural, Veteran's, Senior Citizen's, STAR, Disability)?
3. When is grievance day?
4. Why did the Assessor raise my taxes?
5. I never received my STAR Credit Check, whom can I call?
6. What is the difference between the Tax Freeze Check and the STAR Credit Check?
7. How can I find out if I should have received a Tax Freeze Check?
8. When is the best time to talk to the Assessor about the assessment on my property?
9. If I don't agree with my assessment, is going to Grievance the only way I can do anything about it?