THE 5 BEST WAYS TO GET YOUR DMV TRANSACTIONS DONE
AT YOUR LOCAL DMV OFFICE
- DROP OFF: You can drop off your transactions at the front door of the County Office Bldg. at 160 Genesee Street, Auburn from Monday thru Friday from 9-4 p.m. We process these documents in about 3-6 working days. *
- E-MAIL: If you have any questions about what paperwork you will need or how to go about a specific procedure, just email our office at: Insuredmv@cayugacounty.us. You will get a response from our office via email within 24 hours (if you email over the weekend we will respond as soon as we can the next working day.) They will tell you if you can drop off your transaction, or if you need to come in for an appointment. Emailing our DMV will save you time and frustration! *
- MAIL: Drop your transactions in the mail to us at: DMV, 160 Genesee St., Auburn, NY 13021 *
- MAKE AN APPOINTMENT: If you need to come into the DMV office in order to get your transactions completed, you will probably wait 3-4 weeks to get in. Make an appointment by going to: https://cayugacountydmv.setmore.com
- USE RESOURCES: Visit the DMV webpage at the Cayuga County Government Official website at: Cayugacounty.us; choose Departments; choose Motor Vehicle Dept.
You can download forms, find instructions for many transactions, and get helpful information about updates. *
Remember when you use your local DMV Office, a portion of your money stays in Cayuga County. If you go online, ALL of your hard-earned money goes to the State. Keep It Local!
* Note: Always include your name, address and phone number with each option listed above.