The Chair of the Cayuga County Legislature, Tucker Whitman, announced that Cayuga County will host a technical assistance meeting on Tuesday, May 21st, 2019 in preparation for the 2nd round of the Alliance for Economic Inclusion (AEI) funding initiative. Cayuga County will host this session at 2 pm in the 6th floor Chambers at the County Office Building at 160 Genesee Street in Auburn.
Cayuga County is represented on the AEI Board by Ray Bizzari, Cayuga County Director of Community Services, and Samantha Frugé, Economic Development Technical Specialist at Cayuga Economic Development Agency.
In 2017, the Alliance released a request for proposals to the five-county region and received a total of 92 responses. 22 projects were ultimately awarded funding in the 1st round. This technical assistance meeting will be an opportunity for Cayuga County service providers and community members to hear directly from the Alliance’s administrative team in preparation for the release of the second Request for Proposals in the coming months. Topics to be covered include, but are not limited to:
• Establishment of the Alliance for Economic Inclusion and initial activities
• The 2018 Request for Proposal process and outcomes
• Efforts to measure outcomes and support grantees from the first round of awards
• Information on the tentative schedule and process for the second round of proposals
The AEI is being funded through the successful CNY Rising Upstate Revitalization Initiative plan submitted by the Central New York Regional Economic Development Council, which was tasked with addressing poverty in Cayuga, Cortland, Madison, Oswego and Onondaga Counties. Estimates based on 2016 population data show 14.9% or 112,020 of Central New York residents live in poverty.
The previously awarded projects cover a broad range of issues and can be broken into six categories:
• • Post-Secondary Education
• • Neighborhood Revitalization
• • Access to Startup Funding
• • Early-Childhood Education
• • Transportation
• • Workforce Development