Public Works, Water & Sewer
The Village of Port Byron's Department of Public Works consists of a Superintendent, one full-time employee, and one part-time employee whom manage the daily functions of the Village's buildings and grounds. The Superintendent of the Department of Public Works is Stephen Applebee.
The Village Garage is located at 30 Clark Street. Phone: 315-776-5704.
General guidelines and regulations for regularly scheduled garbage pickup:
- All legal materials shall be placed at curbside no later than 7 a.m. (Tuesday)
- Material should not be placed out before 6 p.m. the night before (Monday)
- Receptacles (manufactured metal and/or plastic, not cardboard boxes or loose baskets), should then be removed from curbside by the end of the pickup day (Tuesday)
Items Not Picked Up
The Village will not be responsible or have any obligation to (Referenced by Local Law Number 4 of 2016):
- Any vegetation or tree limbs, grass, leaves, or shrubs
- Demolition materials of any kind
- Electric items such as TVs and computer monitors or towers
- Hazardous waste and/or toxic materials
- If the receptacle is over the above estimated 40 pounds
- Large appliances and furniture
- Make return trips if a property resident fails to have materials curbside and the disposal vehicle has already gone by
- Tires and/or automotive parts
Water bills are mailed at the beginning of the month and are to be due by the end of the month in:
The Water Bills are billed as a minimum water usage and increases thereof. Please call the Village Office at 315-776-4321 with any questions. The village is not responsible for non-delivery of the mail. If you do not receive a bill please contact the Village Office and we will send out another.
Water Quality Reports
- Village of port Byron Water Quality Report for 2018 (PDF)
- Village of Port Byron Water Quality Report for 2017 (PDF)
- Village of Port Byron Water Quality Report for 2020 (PDF)
- Village of Port Byron Water Quality Report for 2021 (PDF)
Please review the staff directory for contact information.