Owasco Watershed Rules and Regulations
The Owasco Lake Watershed Rules & Regulations (“WSRR”) Update Project is an important water quality initiative being undertaken by the Owasco Lake Watershed Management Council on behalf of the City of Auburn and the Town of Owasco, the two water purveyors sourcing and distributing public water supply from Owasco Lake.
The project goal is to update and revise the 1984 Owasco Lake Watershed Rules and Regulations, through a thoughtful and engaged public participation process resulting in effective and equitable watershed regulations that will help to improve, protect and preserve water quality within Owasco Lake and it’s 205-square mile watershed for the benefit of current and future generations.
The Project, initiated in the spring of 2017 and following numerous public and stakeholder meetings and including an approximate three-month public comment period in 2019, reached an important milestone – presentation of the Final Draft Watershed Rules & Regulations to the Auburn City Council and Owasco Town Board was on October 29, 2020. The joint meeting was scheduled to allow the respective boards to consider support for the adoption of updated Watershed Rules and Regulations for Owasco Lake and its nearly 205-square mile watershed. Both the Auburn City Council and Owasco Town Board supported the adoption of the final draft WSRR.
Transmittal of the draft Watershed Rules and Regulations document, information regarding the process and letters of support to the New York State Department of Health, Bureau of Public Water Supply Protection, began after the October 29, 2020 joint meeting, initiating the required state review process.
Transmittal Document (Includes draft Watershed Rules and Regulations document)
The following are the letter and the transmittal of the draft Watershed Rules and Regulations document, information regarding the process and letters of support that were sent to the New York State Department of Health Bureau of Public Water Supply Protection.
- Auburn City Council Resolution 104 of 2020 Endorsing and Supporting the Adoption of the Revised Owasco Lake WSRR
- Auburn City -Council Resolution Seeking Gov Hochul Support
- Town of Owasco Owasco Watershed Rules Regulations Certified Resolution
- Cayuga County Board of Health Owasco Lake WSRR Resolution
- Cayuga Lake Intermunicipal Organization Owasco Lake WSRR Resolution
- Cayuga Lake Watershed Network Resolution 12-2020
- Ecologic LLC support WSRR
- Town of Fleming Owasco Watershed Rules Resolution
- Finger Lakes Regional Watershed Alliance Owasco Lake WSRR Resolution
- City of Ithaca Owasco Lake WSRR Resolution
- Owasco Lake Watershed Management Council Resolution No. 05-2020_WRR Endorsement
- Owasco Watershed Lake Association Owasco Lake WSRR Endorsement
- Seneca Lake Intermunicipal Organization Owasco Lake WSRR
- Tompkins County WRC RES_2020-02_Supporting the Adoption of the Revised Owasco WRR_12-21-2020