Remember that a full or nearly full propane cylinder is a fire hazard. We recommend that you use as much of the propane as possible before storing the cylinder for disposal.
- Cayuga County HHW Collection Event
- We accept propane tanks up to 20 pounds in size at our annual HHW Event in the fall.
- CEMCO: For a small fee, CEMCO will accept propane tanks of all sizes for recycling.
- For free or a small fee, many retail stores (Walmart, Lowe's, Agway, etc.) that provide propane cylinder refills will trade your obsolete cylinder for a filled cylinder with an OPD. We recommend calling the store before bringing in your propane tanks.
- Many gas stations (Kwik Fill, Fleming Pit Stop, etc.) that offer propane refilling may also take your cylinder for trade in. We recommend calling the gas station before bringing your propane tanks in.