Solid Waste Management and Recycling
Programs and activities include:
- Assisting municipalities with solid waste issues, particularly related to recycling drop off sites
- Clean Sweep programs for agricultural chemicals
- Compiling and tracking information on inactive solid waste facilities
- Cooperative marketing of recyclable materials
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection programs
- Recycling and composting education
- Tire recycling events with Cayuga County SWCD
The Cayuga County Solid Waste Management Program Office coordinates hazardous chemical collection events with the help of many County agencies for the following reasons:
- Protection of our lakes and groundwater from improper disposal.
- Safer homes, schools, and businesses for residents and emergency response workers.
- Our Home Electronics plus Collection event will be October 5, 2019. To view a flyer with all the information regarding this event, visit this link .
- Our Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day will be Saturday October 26, 2019. To find out what you can bring and how to register, visit this link .
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
Review an overview of Cayuga County's Household Hazardous Waste program.
If you missed our recent collection event and have a recycling need, please view the following pages:
- Computer and Television Recycling Options
- Freon Appliance Recycling Options
- Propane Tank Recycling Options
Television & Computer Recycling Law
View the Recycling Memo (PDF) Opens a New Window. regarding the state television and computer recycling law.
Open Burning Regulations
Open Burning Regulations went into effect on October 14, 2009. For more information please visit the New York Department of Environmental Conservation website .