Solid Waste Management and Recycling
Programs and activities include:
- Assisting municipalities with solid waste issues, particularly related to recycling drop off sites
- Clean Sweep programs for agricultural chemicals
- Compiling and tracking information on inactive solid waste facilities
- Cooperative marketing of recyclable materials
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection programs
- Recycling and composting education
- Tire recycling events with Cayuga County SWCD
The Cayuga County Solid Waste Management Program Office coordinates hazardous chemical collection events with the help of many County agencies for the following reasons:
- Protection of our lakes and groundwater from improper disposal.
- Safer homes, schools, and businesses for residents and emergency response workers.
- Electronics "Plus" Collection Event, Saturday September 26, 2020 from 9:00 am to 1:00am. Pre-registration is required here Current Events . Location will be announced after registration. For more information, view our flyer here. Current Events Current Events Current Events
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event, Saturday October 17, 2020. Pre-registration is required here. Location will be announced after registration. For more information, view our flyer here.
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
Review an overview of Cayuga County’s Household Hazardous Waste program.
If you missed our recent collection event and have a recycling need, please view the following pages:
- Computer and Television Recycling Options
- Freon Appliance Recycling Options
- Propane Tank Recycling Options
Television & Computer Recycling Law
View the Recycling Memo (PDF) Opens a New Window. regarding the state television and computer recycling law.
Open Burning Regulations
Open Burning Regulations went into effect on October 14, 2009. For more information please visit the New York Department of Environmental Conservation website .