The mission of Cayuga County Fire Services is to continually facilitate Communication, Cooperation and Collaboration between Cayuga County Emergency Services, the New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control, the 28 Fire Departments in Cayuga County (both paid and volunteer), and our contiguous County mutual aid Fire Service partners.
Units & Programs
Under the umbrella of Fire Services, there are several special units and programs that are monitored, managed, and supported. View the County Fire Agencies to find out more about specialized programs.
Impact of Volunteers
The impact of Fire Services is substantial across the County. All of Cayuga County, except the City of Auburn, rely on the dedicated service of Volunteers. These dedicated volunteers have come to rely upon the services and support of Fire Services to carry out their local mission of protecting their communities.
Become a Volunteer Firefighter
Every Community in Cayuga County, every town and every village needs your help. Become a volunteer firefighter today. Assist your friends and neighbors in one of their greatest times of need. Training is free. Contact the Fire Chief in the department closest to your residence. They will provide you with all the information and guidance you will need.
There is no pay, but the greatest reward is knowing that your community, because of you, will get the help they need when they call 911.
Services & Support
- County Training Grounds Support
- Fire Advisory Board Support
- Fire District / Municipality Support
- Fire Service Accountability Tags
- Fire Service ID
- Fire Service Training Support
- Fire Services Administrative Support
- Incident Management Support
- NFPA Liaison Support
- NY State OFPC Liaison Support
- OSHA / PESH Liaison Support
- Resource Management Support
- SCBA Fit Testing Support
- Special Operations Coordination
- State Fire Instructor Support