Veteran's Affairs (VA) offers certain benefits and services to honor our nation's deceased veterans.
- Burial Flag: VA can provide an American flag to drape an eligible veteran's casket.
- Burial in a VA National Cemetery: Most veterans and some dependents can be buried in a VA national cemetery.
- Headstones and Markers: VA can furnish a monument to mark the grave of an eligible veteran.
- Presidential Memorial Certificate (PMC): VA can provide a PMC for eligible recipients.
- Reimbursement of Burial Expenses: Generally, VA can pay a burial allowance of $2,000 for veterans who die of service-related causes. For certain other veterans, VA can pay $300 for burial and funeral expenses and $745 for a burial plot.
Accredited Veteran Service Officers are available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to assist with applying for benefits. Please call 315-2536-1281.