Response to COVID-19
Our office is closed to the public, however staff are maintaining operations. Hours of operation during this crisis have been changed to 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Payments to our office may be mailed, made on-line (2.25% service fee for credit/debit transactions or a flat $2.50 fee for e-checks will be applied by the credit card processor), or payment may be dropped off to security to be placed in a locked drop box in the lobby. Payments dropped off to security should be in a sealed envelope with Treasurer’s Office written on the front.
The Cayuga County Legislature approved Resolution #159-20 on March 31, 2020 to waive the 5% state mandated penalty and 1% interest on 2020 Town & County tax payments made to the Cayuga County in the month of April 2020. The resolution extends the amount that was due on full 2020 Town & County tax payments due to the Town Tax Collectors through April 1, 2020 to April 30, 2020. Payment should now be made payable and mailed to the Cayuga County Treasurer. This resolution only applies to delinquent full 2020 Town & County tax payments for the month of April.
The Cayuga County Treasurer is an elected official within the county government of Cayuga County, New York. The staff of the Cayuga County Treasurer’s Office is actively involved in the daily financial activities involved with the operation of the Cayuga County government.
Extensive records are accurately kept which makes the Cayuga County Treasurer’s Office a small but essential part of Cayuga County Government operations.
The Cayuga County Treasurer’s Office undertakes activities primarily in the following categories:
- Cash management
- Receive and disburse Federal, State and local funds as required
- Develop and issue the County’s annual financial statements
- Collection and regulation of County’s room occupancy tax
- Oversees issuance and payment of county debts
- Monitor the collection of the County’s share of sales tax
- Maintain inventory of county government assets
Payroll and Benefits:
- Administration of County payroll
- Acceptance of retiree monthly health insurance payments
- Collection of 2nd Installment Town and County Taxes, Delinquent Town and County Taxes, and Delinquent City School Taxes
- Real Property Tax Foreclosures
- Provides real property tax information to County taxpayers, local governments, banks and attorneys
- Tax Searches
- Issue Certificate of Residence for students that are Cayuga County residents and attending community college in another county
- Collection of Cayuga County Court imposed fines, surcharges, dna fees, sor, and ssor fees
- Maintenance of bail funds
- Serves as legal custodian for court and trust funds