Cayuga County NY Homepage

Protective Services for Children

Cayuga County offers a variety of services to assist families and children. We are required to have a Child Protective Services (CPS) unit, In addition to CPS , we also have a referral process so that struggling families can receive assistance or services from agencies that work in conjunction with Cayuga County.

Child Protective Services (CPS)

Our CPS unit is required, by law, to investigate allegations of child abuse or neglect. To report a suspected case of child abuse or neglect, you must call the New York State Central Registry at

 1-800-342-3720. This line is open 24/7 to take reports 

 If you feel a child is in immediate danger, please call 911.

Once a call is made to the New York State Central Registry Child Abuse and Maltreatment Hotline, the report will be assigned to the Cayuga County Child Protection Unit where a CPS caseworker will be assigned to work with the family.

If you or someone you are close to, are struggling with any parenting issues, we also have a referral process to help arrange services for you and your family. If you would like to make a referral, please call us at 253-1509 and we will direct your call to the most appropriate staff.

  1. Cayuga County NY Homepage

Contact Us

Government Websites by CivicPlus®
Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow