Before making an online appointment be sure to read the following:
- Be on time for your appointment, late arrivals will need to reschedule. However, if you arrive more than five minutes early you will not be allowed in building and will be waiting in your vehicle or outside the building
- At appointment time you will check in with security inside the front door.
- Must have all documents needed to process your transaction; go to dmv.ny.govto find instruction and identification requirements before you come in.
- You will be required to make a new appointment if we cannot process your transaction due to insufficient documentation.
- Real ID requirement for domestic travel has been extended until October 2021
- Road Tests: go to dmv.ny.gov to make an appointment
TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT GO TO setmore.com
TRANSACTIONS MAY ALSO BE PROCESSED BY:
- MAIL TO: Cayuga County DMV, 160 Genesee St, Auburn NY 13021
- DROP OFF: place in locked bin in front of the Cayuga County Office Building between 9:00am - 4:30pm
- Plate Surrenders: $1.00 cash fee and include current address for receive
- NOTE: ALL WORK WILL BE PROCESSED IN THE ORDER THAT WE RECEIVE IT.
INFORMATION REGARDING VEHICLE REGISTRATIONS
New license plates: you will be charged an additional $5.00 fee to cover cost of postage.
- Credit Card will be charged separate postage fee & $1 processing fee
- Include a separate check for $5.00 payable to Cayuga County Clerk, or provide a prepaid UPS or FedEx envelope.
ENHANCED DRIVERS LICENSE:
PHONE CALLS/CONTACT INFORMATION
We are unable to receive public phone calls. However, you may reach the Albany DMV Call Center at the following phone numbers:
1-800-698-2931 or 1-518-486-9786
E-Mail: You may also contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: Our fax number is: 315-253-1006
And remember, if you use our local DMV office, 12.7% of every transaction stays in the County.
Thank you for your business, and please share this information with your family and friends!
We appreciate everyone’s patience during this time and assure you that the remaining staff in the DMV is hard at work processing work for the public.
Sue Dwyer, Cayuga County Clerk
County Clerks are also agents for the New York State Commissioner of Motor Vehicles. Cayuga County has a full service DMV office where our friendly and dedicated staff can quickly and efficiently serve you. We value and appreciate your business.
We encourage you to use your local office because the County keeps 12.7% of every transaction done in our office, either in person or if you mail it to us (at 160 Genesee Street in Auburn, New York 13021). This helps to reduce your county tax levy.
Permits & Commercial Driver Licenses
Tests for permits and commercial driver licences will be administered daily (Monday through Friday) up to one hour prior to the close of the business day.
Check out the programs available through the DMV.
To make an appointment to: Take permit test Surrender Out of State License Apply for Non Drivers Identification Card Name Change on Drivers License
Review the New York State requirements for child safety restraints.
Find information about obtaining a Commercial Drivers License.
Read information on Enhanced Drivers Licenses.
Get information about Learner's Permits, Drivers Licenses, and Non-Driver Identification cards.
Check out helpful information and resources for moving to New York and how to update your drivers license and vehicle registration.
View Registration Information, including fee schedules and information on registering boards, snowmobiles, and other vehicles.
Download required sales tax forms in use for New York State.