COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics
For the week of April 5, Cayuga County has received an allotment of Johnson and Johnson vaccine. Since January, the Cayuga County Health Department has been receiving and administering the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine to those individuals who are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. In February, we partnered with the City of Auburn, town and village offices to assist residents with getting on a wait list and making appointments. This partnership allows for those residents who do not have a computer or do not have internet to get on a wait list and notified when an appointment becomes available.
New York State continues to expand eligibility. To identify if you currently qualify to receive vaccination NYS has set up the “Am I Eligible?”
The availability of the vaccine is not limited to just the health department. Individuals are encouraged to work with local pharmacies, federally qualified health centers and the NYS mass vaccination sites to get an appointment.
For seniors or others without access to websites you can call the New York State vaccination appointment line. Anticipate being on hold a long time as the phone line is overwhelmed. The number to call is 1-833-NYS-4-VAX (1-833-697-4829)
Individuals who have attended first dose clinics hosted by the Cayuga County Health Department, will receive communication about an appointment for a second dose once the date gets closer. The date provided to you on the CDC Vaccine Information Card is the earliest date you are eligible for the second dose. We will work to accommodate second dose appointments as close to the date as possible, but all of this is based on vaccine supply. Second dose appointments will not be posted on this page. We will notify you through the email address you entered when you made your appointment or by phone.
Please continue checking this page for upcoming clinics. In addition, you may wish to sign up for Notify Me and online notification program. You can enter an email address or cellphone number. Be sure to sign up for Health Department alerts and press releases.
- How can I learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine?
- How do I find out if I am eligible for the vaccine?
- I am eligible for the vaccine, where can I make my appointment for my first dose?
- Do I need to prove I am eligible when I arrive for my appointment?
- Do I need health insurance to get the vaccine?
- What type(s) of vaccine(s) are offered by the Cayuga County Health Department?
- I received my first dose of the vaccine at a Cayuga County Health Department clinic. How do I schedule my second dose?
- Can I get my second dose at a different location than my first dose?
- Do I have to get the same vaccine for my second dose?
- What kind of side effects can the COVID-19 vaccine cause?
- How was the vaccine developed so fast? Is it safe?
- I am nervous about getting one of the COVID-19 vaccines, what should I do?
- Who should get the vaccine and when?