Since January, the Cayuga County Health Department has been receiving and administering the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine at our vaccination clinics for those who are eligible. For more information about our vaccination clinics visit: https://www.cayugacounty.us/1610/COVID-19-Immunization-Clinics
To identify if you currently qualify to receive vaccination NYS has set up the “Am I Eligible?”
For seniors or others without access to websites you can call the New York State vaccination appointment line. Anticipate being on hold a long time as the phone line is overwhelmed. The number to call is 1-833-NYS-4-VAX (1-833-697-4829)
There are a variety of testing options available in Cayuga County. The upcoming clinics being sponsored by the Cayuga County Health Department can be found here Testing Testing Testing.
Local healthcare providers and urgent care facilities may also have testing available.
In addition, testing sites outside of Cayuga County include:
Onondaga County -
Click here Get Updates Get Updates Get Updates or the "Notify Me" button to the right to get updates on vaccine clinics, testing sites and daily COVID-19 status updates in your email or via SMS message.
- How can I learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine?
- How do I find out if I am eligible for the vaccine?
- I am eligible for the vaccine, where can I make my appointment for my first dose?
- Do I need to prove I am eligible when I arrive for my appointment?
- Do I need health insurance to get the vaccine?
- What type(s) of vaccine(s) are offered by the Cayuga County Health Department?
- I received my first dose of the vaccine at a Cayuga County Health Department clinic. How do I schedule my second dose?
- Can I get my second dose at a different location than my first dose?
- Do I have to get the same vaccine for my second dose?
- What kind of side effects can the COVID-19 vaccine cause?
- How was the vaccine developed so fast? Is it safe?
- I am nervous about getting one of the COVID-19 vaccines, what should I do?
- Who should get the vaccine and when?