The Assessment Office is currently closed to foot traffic due to Covid-19. The Assessor checks voice mail on Wednesdays.
Please leave a voice message or email her - she will respond!
- Lezli Parsons, NYS Certified Assessor
(315) 626-6217 X4
The Assessment Office has:
- Tax Maps Online
- Detailed records on every parcel in the Town of Ira
- Exemption Forms available
- Tax Rolls
- A variety of informational pamphlets available
The assessor is available to answer questions, explain your property assessment, help with Exemption Forms, and more.
STAR Credit Check Hotline: 518-457-2036
Tax Freeze Check Hotline: 518-453-8146
View the 2020 Ira Final Roll (PDF).
Important Dates & Other Information
- Equalization Rate: 92%
- Taxable Status Date: March 1st
- Tentative Roll: May 1st
- Final Roll: July 1st
- Grievance Day: Wednesday, May 26, 2021 from 4 to 8 p.m.
- Last Complete Revaluation: 2017
- Next Revaluation: TBD
Exemptions Available in the Town of Ira:
- STAR (Basic & Enhanced)
- Senior Citizen
- Agricultural Building
- Veterans (Wartime, Combat & Disabled)
- Commercial/Business Investment
The Basic and Enhanced STAR benefits save most New York homeowners hundreds of dollars. That being said, the STAR Exemption Program is now closed to new applicants. However, you may be eligible for the STAR Credit Check Program. If you are a new applicant and you meet the eligibility requirements, you’ll receive a check for the amount of your STAR savings.
If you have an existing STAR exemption, you may need to reapply for one of the following reasons:
- You are receiving the Basic STAR exemption and wish to apply for the Enhanced STAR Exemption (for those 65 years of age)
- You need to update a change in ownership due to:
- Life estates
- Who Should Register
You should register for the STAR Credit Check if you:
- Bought your home after the 2015 STAR application deadline
- Never applied for the STAR benefit on your primary residence
- Received a letter advising you to register for Basic STAR
Note: You do not need to register for STAR if you are a longtime homeowner with an existing STAR exemption. View the STAR Exemption Program for more information.
How to Register
When you register for the STAR credit, the Tax Department will automatically review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Basic or Enhanced STAR benefit amount. To register, you’ll need to:
- Provide the names and social security numbers for all owners of the property and their spouses
- Answer a few questions about the income and residency of the owners and their spouses
- Provide the date you purchased your property and the name of the sellers
Complete your registration online. or call (518) 457-2036
Senior citizens receiving STAR may also be eligible to apply for the Senior Citizens Exemption. Learn more about the Senior Citizens Exemption. This is an income based exemption for Seniors with an income less than $25, 099.