The Village of Port Byron's Department of Public Works consists of a Superintedent, two full-time employee's and one part-time employee whom manage the daily functions of the Village's buildings and grounds.
General guidelines/regulations for regularly scheduled garbage pickup:
All legal materials shall be placed at curbside no later than 7am (Tuesday). Material should not be placed out before 6pm the night before (Monday). Receptacles (manufactured metal and/or plastic, not cardboard boxes or loose baskets), should then be removed from curbside by the end of the pickup day (Tuesday).
The Village will not be responsible or have any obligation to:
- Hazardous waste and/or toxic materials
- Electric items such as TV’s and computer monitors or towers
- Demolition materials of any kind
- Tires and/or automotive parts
- Large appliances and furniture
- Make return trips if a property resident fails to have materials curbside and the disposal vehicle has already gone by
- If the receptacle is over the above estimated forty (40) pounds
- Any vegetation or tree limbs, grass, leaves, or shrubs
Referenced by Local Law #4 of 2016
Water Bills: Are mailed in the beginning of the month and are to be due by the end of the month in: January, April, July, and October. The Water Bills are billed as a minimum water uasge and increases thereof: Please call the Village Office with any questions.
THE VILLAGE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR NON-DELIVERY OF THE MAIL! If you do not receive a bill please contact the Village Office and we will send out another.
Village of Port Byron Water Quality Report for 2017