ASSESSOR CONTACT INFORMATION
Town of Niles Assessor
County Office Building Hours: Monday, Wednesday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Niles Town Hall Office Hours:
Tuesday* 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
*Note: the third (3rd) Tuesday of the month, the Assessor will be working in the field verifying assessment data
- Review property transfers and verify sales data to be used in the assessment process.
- When property is split, merged or has a portion of it sold or transferred, the assessor reviews the paperwork and assigns an assessed value to the new portions.
- New construction and renovations are reviewed and assessed values are assigned to them.
- Real Property Tax Exemptions are administered by this office also.
March 1 - TAXABLE STATUS DATE... all exemption renewal formal due back to the assessor by this date
May 1 - TENTATIVE ROLL FILED... after this date all current year assessment grievances must go through the Board of Assessment Review Committee including ratification of any reductions agreed to by the assessor and property owner
May 25 - BOARD OF ASSESSMENT REVIEW (Grievance Night)... 4:00 to 8:00 p.m.
July 1 - FINAL ASSESSMENT ROLL FILED
September 1 - SCHOOL TAX BILLS mailed and made available online (http://gis.cayugacounty.us/flexviewers/CCrpv/)
October 31 - EXEMPTION RENEWAL FORMS for the upcoming year are mailed to owners
January 1 - COUNTY/TOWN TAX BILLS mailed and available online (http://gis.cayugacounty.us/flexviewers/CCrpv/)
ENHANCED STAR INCOME VERIFICATION PROGRAM
Below is the link to access the Enhanced STAR and use the IVP (Income Verification Program). Eligible homeowners who apply or re-apply for the Enhanced Star program have the option to enroll in IVP.
In order to qualify for Enhance STAR and use the IVP, eligible homeowners must:
- Already have the Basic or Enhanced STAR on their current home
- Be 65 years of age, or turn 65 by December of this year
- Not exceed the income requirement for the exemption
- Annually file a NYS personal income tax return
The Niles Board of Assessment Review will meet on Thursday, May 25, 2017 from 4:00-8:00 p.m. for the purpose of hearing property owners' grievances on their assessments or exemption status for the 2017 assessment roll only.
Grievance forms are available from the Assessor or the Town Clerk. Forms are also available here. Please have your paperwork filled out before the meeting.
Notice of Adoption of Resolution - Sewer District
Notice of ADOPTION OF RESOLUTION - WATER DISTRICT
Tax Notice 2017
2017 Final Tax Roll for Niles