Town of Owasco

In the Fingerlakes

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Can I burn in The Town of Owasco

A: town Law on Burning

Q: When should I have my Star, Agricultural and Veteran's paper work turned in by?
A: The exemption filing deadline is March 1st of each year. This means that the Town of Owasco Assessment Office must RECEIVE the completed form and any required supporting information by March 1st.

Q: When is grievance day?

A: Grievance day is always the 4th Wednesday in May following the first Tuesday for the Town of Owasco. The hours are 4:00PM to 8:00 PM. IF YOU PLAN ON GRIEVING WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO CONTACT THE ASSESSMENT OFFICE BY PHONE TO CONFIRM THE HOURS FOR GRIEVANCE DAY.

Q: Do I live on a Town, County or State Road?


 Melrose Road, Oakridge Road, Baptist Corners, Wiggins Road, Martin Road, Twelve Corners Road, Emma Street, North Road, Oakridge Road, Swartout Road, Gahwiler Road, School Street and Valentine Road.


Owasco Road, East Lake Road and State Route 38A


All Remaining

Who is responsible for services on the above roads?

The Town of Owasco is responsible for any problems on Town Roads only For Insurance purposes and any Legal Action that could arise.


  Q: What is the Recycling Schedule:

 Wednesday 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

 The Town of Owasco does not hire a garbage hauler for residential pickup. Private haulers are available at homeowners' expense. Our Recycling Center is located at 6346 E. Lake Rd.

 Household Trash: Household trash should be packaged in  tagged bags (33 gallon) for a fee of $2.50 per tag. Tags can be purchased at the Town Hall or the Recycling Center. Recyclables: #1 (clear only); #2 plastics; Paper - (newspaper, junk mail, clean corrugated and non-corrugated cardboard, magazines, copy paper etc.); Tin (Tin-plated cans); Aluminum; Glass - (Clear, Green and Brown). Sharing: There is a section for used magazines and books to be shared with others in the community.

Recycle Your Electronic Equipment