The Cayuga County Health Department is the lead agency for the new Creating Healthy Places (CHP) to Live, Work & Play Grant funded by the New York State Department of Health. We are working to prevent obesity, type 2 diabetes and other chronic diseases by making it easier to be physically active and eat more fruits and vegetables in Cayuga County.
- Partnering with restaurants to offer healthy menu choices;
- Developing transportation policies to ensure streets are safe, accessible and convenient for all users
Be A Super Model, Model Healthy Choices is a campaign launched to remind Cayuga County residents that every day we influence those around us with the lifestyle choices we make. Every choice we make is an opportunity to be a Super Model. We are encouraging Cayuga County residents, young and old to make small changes each day to be Super Models.
Here are a few ways you and your family can Be Super Models:
- While your children are outside playing in the snow or sledding, join them!
- Walk or ride your bicycle for an errand, to school or work!
- Switch to low- fat and fat-free milk!
- Take half your restaurant meal home for lunch the next day!
- Buy produce at the local Farmers Market
Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Tips and Information -
Check out these websites -