Monday, September 22, 2014
Drivers From the US or Canada Who Move to NYS

NYS recognizes valid driver licenses held by residents of other US states, US territories and Federal districts and Canadian provinces. If you become a resident of NYS, you must apply for a NYS driver license not more than 30 days after you become a NYS resident.

You can exchange an out-of-state driver license or Canadian driver license for a NYS driver license if the driver license has your photograph, the driver license is not suspended or revoked and the driver license