State of the Lake Report and Watershed Management Plan
The Cayuga County Department of Planning and Economic Development and Soil and Water Conservation District worked with the Duck Lake Association and other interested persons to develop the Duck Lake State of the Lake Report and Watershed Management Plan.
To view the final Duck Lake State of the Lake Report and Watershed Management Plan, click here.
The following is a preliminary watershed of Duck Lake that was developed by Cayuga County GIS staff utilizing digital elevation data. If you have any comments about this preliminary watershed, please contact Michele Wunderlich at 315-253-1276 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following is a land use map of the Duck Lake Watershed that was developed by Cayuga County GIS staff.
Land Use Percentages:
Open Water 38%
Deciduous Forest 21%
Woody Wetlands 10%
Mixed Forest 4%
Row Crops 4%
State of the Lake Report
The State of Duck Lake Report was the first step in the management process. This report:
- Reviews research and data on Duck Lake and its watershed
- Reports about the quality of Duck Lake and its watershed
- land use patterns
- cultural, economic, and natural resources
- Describes current and past conditions of the lake and its watershed
- Discusses issues that affect or will affect the future of the lake and its watershed
Watershed Management Plan
The Duck Lake Watershed Management Plan:
- Reflects community priorities and recommendations.
- Documents on-going lake management efforts.
- Produces a set of realistic management recommendations that the community supports and can afford.
- Develops a list of management recommendations the community would like to do if the funding were available. Identifies sources of revenue to pay for these projects.
To contact the Duck Lake Association
Contact person: Dale Powell
P.O. Box 819
Port Byron, NY 13140