This fall all residents of Cayuga County and the City of Auburn are invited to participate in the 2018 America Recycles Collection Event. The event presents an excellent opportunity to discard materials in a safe manner. Proper disposal protects human health, our community and the environment. The material collected at this event will be recycled to the fullest extent possible by our contractors.
Date, Time, Place:
- Saturday November 17, 2018
- 8 to 11 am
- City of Auburn Landfill, North Division Street, Auburn
Accepting for Free:
- Window Air Conditioners
- Portable Air Conditioners
- Dorm Size Refrigerators (40 pound limit)
- Other Freon Appliances (40 pound limit)
- Clothing and Textiles
- Small Household Items
- Button Cell Batteries
- Hearing Aid Batteries
Do Not Bring:
- NO CHEMICALS ALLOWED AT THIS EVENT
- Compact fluorescent bulbs (CFL). Please return to Home Depot or Lowe's.
- Rechargeable batteries. Please return to Home Depot or Lowe's.
- NO TELEVISIONS OR COMPUTERS
STAPLES is holding an electronics recycling event from November 11th through 17th that includes computers and computer monitors. Click here for more information.
- We reserve the right to reject items
- If you have questions on whether a specific item will or will not be accepted, please call the Cooperative Extension of Cayuga County at 315-255-1183 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsors and Funding:
- This event is sponsored by the Cayuga County Solid Waste Management Program Office (Cayuga Recycles), the Cayuga County Department of Planning and Economic Development and NUCOR Steel. It is hosted by the City of Auburn with assistance from Cornell Cooperative Extension of Cayuga County.
- Main funding is provided by Nucor Steel Auburn and Cayuga County.