The Cayuga County Department of Planning and Economic Development deploys a multidisciplinary team of professional staff to assist local officials, groups, and individuals involved in activities aimed at retaining and enhancing the quality of life for current and future generations. Such activities include:
- Facilitating the development of employment and business opportunities;
- Revitalizing rural villages and hamlets;
- Protecting agriculture and farmland;
- Protecting the natural environment; and
- Promoting the development of the optimum, balanced mix of land use types and intensities.
Please use the links below to learn more about the Department's programs and to find out how to take advantage of the many services it offers.