Owasco Flats Trail
Welcome to Owasco Flats — a large fern and willow marsh, and flood plain forest with Owasco Inlet running down its middle. Owasco Flats was also the original name of the town of Moravia. This fertile valley was cultivated by the Indians. Around 1850 a plank road was built across it, later replaced by the Lehigh Valley Railroad which is now abandoned. The hiking loop will utilize the old railbed. Surface: Dirt (can be muddy)
Cayuga County is home to over 65 miles of multi-use trails!