What is WIC?
WIC is a federally funded healthy food and nutrition program available to families in your community. The income requirements for WIC are surprising and many families qualify for this benefit and are not taking advantage of it.
Are you pregnant? Nursing? Have children under the age of 5?
If you said yes to any of these questions, you may be eligible for WIC to help you stretch your grocery budget.
To qualify for WIC individuals must meet categorical, residential and financial requirements.
- Applicants for the New York State WIC Program must be:
- A pregnant woman;
- An infant or child up to 5 years old;
- A mother of an infant up to 6 months old;
- A breastfeeding mother with an infant up to 12 months old.
- Applicants must be a resident of New York State.
- Applicants must meet income eligibility guidelines, or receive Medicaid, SNAP (Food Stamps) or TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families).
- Click here to view income guidelines.
In addition to our Auburn location, we have clinics in Cato and Moravia.
To View our clinic schedule, click here.
Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultants available to assist women with breastfeeding! For more information on Breastfeeding Support in Cayuga County check out:
For information about the WIC Program you can also check out WIC Strong.
Any questions or for more information on the Cayuga County WIC Program call 315-253-1406.