Are you pregnant? Do you have a new baby? The Cayuga County Health Department offers a variety of free programs for pregnant women, new mothers and babies.
Nurse Family Partnership -
The Cayuga County Health Department is pleased to announce that Nurse Family Partnership is back in Cayuga County!
Nurse Family Partnership is a program for women who are having their first baby. If you enroll, a registered nurse will visit you in your home throughout pregnancy and continue to visit until your baby is 2 years old. Fathers, family members and even friends are welcome to take part in visits to learn how they can best support you.
Click here for more information on Nurse Family Partnership.
Cayuga County Nurse Family Partnership celebrates six month anniversary! - November 26, 2013 Press Release
Cayuga County Maternal Child Health Program -
- This program works with physicians to identify pregnant women who may be in need of home visits from a nurse to provide education and support a healthy pregnancy and delivery.
- We also work with pediatricians and will make home visits for babies that need to be followed by a nurse after leaving the hospital.
Cayuga County Reducing Premature Births Program -
- This program will work with pregnant women to reduce premature births in Cayuga County. The Reducing Premature Births Program aims to address two factors that contribute to preterm births: smoking and oral health. Both of which are disproportionately high in the County.
- This program:
- Offers home visitation to pregnant women through trained nurses and community health workers.
- Works with health care providers in the community to address smoking and oral health.
- Connects women with needed services.
- Provides education on smoking cessation and oral health.
- Cayuga County women can refer themselves to this program by clicking here.
Cayuga County Breastfeeding Resources -