- Planning & Economic Development
- Solid Waste Management and Recycling
Solid Waste Management and Recycling
- Spring Electronic Collection Event Information
Who: Cayuga County Residents ONLY
What: HOUSEHOLD ITEMS ONLY. No businesses or commercial items will be accepted.
When: April 1, 2023, 8:00am — 12:00pm
Where: To be announced with your registration
WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING FREON CONTAINING MATERIALS, FLUORESCENT LIGHT BULBS, OR BATTERIES AT THIS EVENT. Fluorescent light bulbs and batteries can be brought to our HHW Event on October 21, 2023. To see options for Freon appliance recycling, click here. To see a flyer with more details on the accepted/not accepted items for this event, click here.
Registration link: https://www.sunnking.com/events/cayuga-04-01-23
Spaces are limited. Please register early.
Questions? Call Sunnking at (585) 637-8365 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease consider a DONATION to keep these events free and convenient in our community!
Overview of the Program
Programs and activities include:
- Assisting municipalities with solid waste issues, particularly related to recycling drop off sites
- Clean Sweep programs for agricultural chemicals
- Compiling and tracking information on inactive solid waste facilities
- Cooperative marketing of recyclable materials
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection programs
- Recycling and composting education
- Tire recycling events with Cayuga County SWCD
The Cayuga County Solid Waste Management Program Office coordinates hazardous chemical collection events with the help of many County agencies for the following reasons:
- Protection of our lakes and groundwater from improper disposal.
- Safer homes, schools, and businesses for residents and emergency response workers.
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
Review an overview of Cayuga County’s Household Hazardous Waste program.
If you missed our recent collection event and have a recycling need, please view the following pages:
- Computer and Television Recycling Options
- Freon Appliance Recycling Options
- Propane Tank Recycling Options
Television & Computer Recycling Law
View the Recycling Memo (PDF) Opens a New Window. regarding the state television and computer recycling law.
Open Burning Regulations
Open Burning Regulations went into effect on October 14, 2009. For more information please visit the New York Department of Environmental Conservation website.