To learn about what a hazard mitigation plan is and to learn more about Cayuga County's Multi-Jurisdictional All-Hazard Mitigation Plan including the mission statement and how it will benefit Cayuga county, please visit the introduction page.
To get involved in the plan please view the following:
- Attend public outreach activities held during the plan process
- Citizens Hazard Preparedness Survey
- Contact the County Contacts or Municipal Contacts if you are interested in mitigating your residential or commercial property
- Read the Cayuga County All-Hazard Mitigation Plan 2013 Brochure (PDF)
- Review the 2012 and 2013 Plan
Review the final hazard mitigation plan.
See examples of mitigation projects.
Hazard mitigation planning is a step toward addressing these hazards and the effects on County businesses and population and reducing future damages due to hazard events.
View municipal contacts.
Learn about past disasters.
As part of the planning process, the county has provided outreach to the public and stakeholders to support the development of comprehensive strategies to manage natural hazard risk. Cayuga County is continuing to seek your input to this planning process.
Find helpful resources and links.