Office for the Aging
The Cayuga County Office for the Aging is your trusted source for information and assistance for seniors and their families. We serve people 60 years of age and older and work with their families and caregivers to connect them with the services they need.
Browse our programs and services in the blue menu to the left. Click the + sign to expand the categories. As always, please call or email us if you have any questions or need more information. You will be referred to the appropriate staff person to address your inquiry.
The NY Connects program provides free, unbiased information about long term care services and supports for people of all ages and income levels. Our goal is to help individuals live as independently as possible while meeting the medical, social and functional needs that arise from aging or disability.
Our specially trained NYConnects staff will work to understand your situation, assess your eligibility for programs and services, and help link you to various long term care options such as homecare, senior living, transportation, meals, or emergency response systems. This process may include screening and assisting with applications for benefits such as Medicaid, SNAP and Medicare Savings programs.
Our staff understand how confusing the long term care system can be, and have the ability to provide guidance and assistance to help individuals, families and caregivers navigate successfully.
Contact us at the number above or 315-253-1226.
FREE UNBIASED MEDICARE INFORMATION
BY THE CAYUGA COUNTY OFFICE FOR THE AGING
2 HOUR PRESENTATION REVIEWS:
WHEN: Tuesday, January 7th, 12pm – 2pm
Monday February 3rd, 2pm – 4pm
Wednesday, March 11th, 1pm – 3pm
WHERE: Basement of the Cayuga County Office Building 160 Genesee St. Auburn, NY 13021
- WHEN & HOW TO ENROLL INTO MEDICARE
- MEDICARE PREMIUMS, CO-PAYS & DEDUCTIBLES
- SUPPLEMENTAL PLANS vs. MEDICARE ADVANTAGE & MEDICARE PART D
- Brief over view of PREVENTIVE COVERED SERVICES, COVERED & NON-COVERED SERVICES
- MEDICARE SAVINGS PROGRAM, EXTRA HELP, EPIC which are assistance programs to help cover costs of premiums, co pays and deductibles based on eligibility.
- To better serve our clients we ask that you please call ahead to let us know what date you’re planning to attend so we can have all materials available. (315)253-1226