To Make an Appointment:
Or go to our APPOINTMENT LINK
Please have applications (applications are linked below) completed if possible and bring the required documents. Please see application for acceptable/required documents, forms of payments, etc.
1. PROOF OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP: Applicants born in the United States: A previous U.S. passport or certified birth certificate
Birth certificates must include the full names of the applicant’s parent(s) and a raised seal. A hospital certificate is NOT an acceptable proof of birth.
2. PROOF OF IDENTITY: Most common is current/valid New York State drivers license. Additional documents may be required if valid NYS license is not available. Children under 16: will require parents with ID to be present.
The renewal of passports can be done by the applicant by completing a DS-82, submitting a new photo and payment, and mailing it at the Post Office (mail it trackable). We will take photos for renewals (photos are $15)
How much does a passport cost and how long does it take to get one? As of February 3, 2023, it is up to 11 weeks. What are acceptable payments?
- Effective December 27, 2021, you will need a check or money order for the passport fee of $130.00 for an adult passport (16 and older), and $100.00 for a child passport (under 16).
- The passport fee payment must be made payable to the U.S. Dept. of State.
- There will also be an additional processing fee of $35.00 per person payable to Cayuga County Clerk
- If you would like us to take your passport photo, it is $15.00 ($10.00 if you are a Veteran). The processing/photo fees can be paid by cash, check, or credit card (note: there will be an additional fee if you pay by credit card).
- The processing and/or photo fee and the passport fee are two separate payments.
- What is the difference between a passport book and a passport card?
- How much does a passport cost and how long does it take to get one? Currently it is up to 11 weeks. What are acceptable payments?
- How long is a passport good for?
- Can I still renew my passport even though it has expired, or do I have to pay the processing fee again?
- I am travelling overseas and my passport only has a few months left on it before it expires. Should I renew my passport before my trip?
- What do I do if my passport is expired for more than 5 years? What documents do I need to apply for a new passport?
- When am I required to use a passport?
- What if one parent cannot be present when applying for a passport for their child under the age of 16?