Medicaid is a federally mandated program to cover medical expenses of the uninsured and the underinsured.
Eligibility is determined based on income, family size, age and other factors.
It is funded by:
- Federal Government
- Local Taxes
If you or those you are applying for are:
- Do not already have an open Medicaid or Temporary Assistance case
- Have no other health insurance
- Not considered disabled
- Under age 65
You must apply for health insurance through the New York State (NYS) Health Insurance Marketplace.
You may apply online at New York State of Health or contact the outreach program navigators at:
- ACR/Access Care and Resources for Health at 282-0005, ext. 18
- Cayuga Seneca Community Action Agency at 255-1703
- FIDELIS at 315-313-3524 and 315-214-1562
- United HealthCare at 315-558-0408 and 315-415-9676
Information Needed to Apply
To apply, you will need the following information for all applicants, spouse and parents of applying children:
- All household income and employer information including:
- pay stubs
- social security benefits
- tax returns
- Citizenship information/immigration status information if applicable
- Complete legal names
- Dates of birth
- Information on any additional health insurance available
- Name of primary care physician
- Resident address and mailing address
- Social security numbers
Any questions or reporting any changes must be done through the Service Center at 855-355-5777.
If you do not fall into one of the categories listed above, please call the Cayuga County Medicaid Office at 315-253-1382 for application information.
Immediate Need for Personal Care Services / Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Services
If you think you have an immediate need for Personal Care Services (PCS) or Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Services (CDPAS), such as housekeeping, meal preparation, bathing, or toileting, your eligibility for these services may be processed more quickly if you meet the following conditions:
- You are not receiving needed help from a home care services agency
- You have no adaptive or specialized equipment or supplies in use to meet your needs
- You have no informal caregivers available, able and willing to provide or continue to provide care
- You have no third party insurance or Medicare benefits available to pay for needed help
No Existing Medicaid Coverage
If you don’t already have Medicaid coverage, and you meet the above conditions, you may ask to have your Medicaid application processed more quickly by sending in a completed Access New York Health Insurance Application and the Access New York Supplement. If needed, you will also need to provide a physician’s order for services and a signed
Attestation of Immediate Need.
Existing Medicaid Coverage Except Community Coverage
If you already have Medicaid coverage that does not include coverage for community, you will need to provide a physician’s order for services and a signed
Attestation of Immediate Need.
To obtain these forms and submit your request please contact the Medicaid Department at (315) 253-1382.