COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics
The Cayuga County Health Department has administered over 2,500 doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. At this time, New York State has seen a decrease in the amount of vaccine that is being provided by the federal government. For those who have attended first dose clinics hosted by the Cayuga County Health Department, you will receive communication about an appointment for a second dose once the date gets closer. The date provided to you on the CDC Vaccine Information Card is the earliest date you are eligible for the second dose. We will work to accommodate second dose appointments as close to the date as possible, but all of this is based on vaccine supply. Second dose appointments will not be posted on this page. We will notify you through the email address you entered when you made your appointment or by phone.
In addition, to limited supply of vaccine, New York State (NYS) is advising local health departments to prioritize the 1B essential workers and direct those 65 years and older to pharmacies and NYS Department of Health approved mass vaccination clinics.
The Cayuga County Health Department continues to advocate on behalf of our community for more vaccine and for New York State to allow the local health department to be able to serve all those who are eligible in the priority groups.
Please continue checking this page for upcoming clinics. In addition, you may wish to sign up for Notify Me and online notification program. You can enter an email address or cellphone number. Be sure to sign up for Health Department alerts and press releases.
To view the Cayuga County Health Department's most recent statement on the NYS vaccine rollout and priority populations click here Version OptionsCOVID-19 Vaccine ClinicsHeadline.
- How can I learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine?
- How do I find out if I am eligible for the vaccine?
- I am eligible for the vaccine, where can I make my appointment for my first dose?
- Do I need to prove I am eligible when I arrive for my appointment?
- Do I need health insurance to get the vaccine?
- What type(s) of vaccine(s) are offered by the Cayuga County Health Department?
- I received my first dose of the vaccine at a Cayuga County Health Department clinic. How do I schedule my second dose?
- Can I get my second dose at a different location than my first dose?
- Do I have to get the same vaccine for my second dose?
- What kind of side effects can the COVID-19 vaccine cause?
- How was the vaccine developed so fast? Is it safe?
- I am nervous about getting one of the COVID-19 vaccines, what should I do?
- Who should get the vaccine and when?