Monday Evenings from 5:30 to 7:30
Other times by appointment
Beckie Hendricks, NYS Certified
- (315)776-4539 X4
The assessor is available to answer questions, explain your property assessment, help with Exemption Forms, and more.
New for 2021
The income limit to qualify for the Senior County property tax exemption has been raised to $37,399.99. If your gross income is $37,399.99 or less you may qualify for a percentage off your county taxes. To qualify for the Senior Town Exemption your gross income must be $25,099 or less. If you have any questions please contact the assessor at (315) 378-9236. applications available at town office.
STAR Credit Check Hotline: 518-457-2036
Tax Freeze Check Hotline: 518-453-8146
Important Dates & Other Information
- Equalization Rate: 90%
- Taxable Status Date: march 1st
- Tentative Roll: May 1st
- Final Roll: July 1st
- Grievance Day: Thursday, May 27, 2021 from 4 to 8 p.m. (by appointment)
- Last Complete Revaluation: 2016
- Next Revaluation: 2021
The Basic and Enhanced STAR benefits save most New York homeowners hundreds of dollars. That being said, the STAR Exemption Program is now closed to new applicants. However, you may be eligible for the STAR Credit Check Program. If you are a new applicant and you meet the eligibility requirements, you'll receive a check for the amount of your STAR savings.
If you have an existing STAR exemption, you may need to reapply for one of the following reasons:
- You are receiving the Basic STAR exemption and wish to apply for the Enhanced STAR Exemption (for those 65 years of age)
- You need to update a change in ownership due to:
- Life Estates
- You should register for the STAR Credit Check if you:
- Bought your home after the 2015 STAR application deadline
- Never applied for the STAR benefit on your primary residence
- Received a letter advising you to register for Basic STAR Note: You do not need to register for STAR if you are a longtime homeowner with an existing STAR exemption. View theSTAR Exemption Program for more information.
- Provide the names and social security numbers for all owners of the property and their spouses
- Answer a few questions about the income and residency of the owners and their spouses
- Provide the date you purchase your property and the name of the sellers
Complete your registration online or call (518) 457-2036